I found this posted in Facebook, but couldn’t find a link to a blog post or article, so I listed the author and title below… Love, love, love this!!!
Written by Jenny Williams, A Modern Day Ruth Copyright 2014
How do you know if he is your Boaz?
A Modern Day Boaz will:
- He will honor you and respect you. He will handle your heart tenderly. His intentions will be honorable.
- He will provide and care for you with his actions. He looks out for the best for you.
- He will protect you and spiritually lead you and be a covering to you. He will pray with you and for you. He will take you to church. He will read the word with you.
- He will understand your journey and desire to make your days better and sweeter than before.
- He will celebrate you and appreciate your strengths, beauty and character.
- He will preserve you. He will honorably do right by you by waiting until marriage. He sees you as a treasure and a blessing from God.
- He will love you by demonstrating the character of Christ to you through his words and actions.
- He will always try to be a blessing to you and your children every day of his life. He will embrace you and your kids with open arms.
You won’t settle for less than the best. You won’t have to try to make a man treat you this way, because he already will. You don’t raise a man into being a man, he already is one. God’s best for you won’t need fixing. Second best and settling….will need it. Don’t go there. You are completely open to God’s submission by letting Him write your love story. Listen to His voice, and trust in His perfect plan.
You know you are ready when you are not afraid to love and trust someone. You desire companionship and sharing a life again. You desire to be a blessing to the man God has waiting for you. Your heart is open to trust and to receive love again. You are healthy in your mind, heart and soul. You desire to be a helpmate.
How do you know you are his Ruth?
- You want to be a blessing to him every day of his life. You strive and look for ways to bless him.
- You desire to be his greatest cheerleader and prayer partner.
- You are his faithful confidante. He can trust you.
- You want to honor him and respect him as a man of God and as your spiritual leader.
- You celebrate his strengths and you accept his weaknesses.
- You bring a strength he can rely on. You are loyal to him only.
- You are his best friend and want to be his lifelong lover.
- You are willing to be a good receiver of his love and acts of kindness.
- You appreciate and value what he does for you.
- You believe in his dreams and callings. You want to support him and build a life with him. His desires are yours, and his dreams are yours.
- You honor him both publicly and privately.
- You desire to please him.
- You strive to do him good all the days of your life.
- You are anointed and appointed to be his wife.
Ruth and Boaz is my favorite love story. God gives second chances. He always restores better than before. Your heartache and loss are being turned around so your greatest love story can unfold. God gave Ruth better than before, and her legacy of love continued through the lineage of Jesus and beyond! ❤ Written by Jenny Williams, A Modern Day Ruth Copyright 2014